SOHO Ring Extension Home Maintenance
HAIR CARE FOR SOHO RING HUMAN HAIR EXTENSIONS
• At bed-time, pleat the hair into one large loose braid to the side or use a scrunchie to tie along the length of the extensions. Please avoid using any sharp elastic band or similar materials. Remember not to pull too tight or place too high on the head. This may cause irritation. Remember it’s much better to braid your extensions to keep the wave if you have wavy extensions.
• Every morning, run your fingers from the scalp along the length of your extensions and separate the extensions with your fingertips to keep them from twisting together and at the same time, it will maintain its natural look.
• When washing your hair, braid or tie your hair along the extension length, then you can scratch your scalp for cleansing. Please do not rub the extensions against each other to avoid tangling. Be very gentle with shampooing. There are recommendations from several extension companies to squeeze the shampoo through the hair, instead of rubbing. Avoid 2-in-1 hair products and products with wax, alcohol and silicone or sulfur.
• After washing, squeeze out the excess water gently, first with your hands, and then blot with a towel. Do not scrub with the towel, it may cause tangling and matting. Please wait to let your extensions dry naturally or blow dry before you undo the braid or ponytail. After the hair is completely dry, brush through gently with a wide tooth comb or ball tipped brush starting at the bottom, or ends of the hair. Always start working from the bottom and gradually move the brush further up the hair to avoid unnecessary tangling. Avoid catching the brush on the foundation. Remember if the hair is still wet, it will cause tangling of the hair when brushed.
• Do not sleep with wet hair. Hair should be dried thoroughly before sleep.
• The extensions do not receive natural scalp oils and need to be conditioned every wash. You must use moisturizer for your extensions in order to keep them in good condition. Do not apply conditioner to the roots or directly on the area of attachment. You can only use it along the length of your extensions. It is essential to use a spray moisturizer everyday as lack of moisture encourages hair to tangle.
• When you would like to straighten your extensions, please use a hair straightener. Avoid using a blow drier as it will require a lot of pulling. Avoid using any hot appliances, blow dryers, curling irons, flat irons directly at the point of attachment.
• If you are having your extensions styled at your hairdresser, please notify the hairdresser to have someone there to hold your extensions while blow dry.
• Although the hair extensions are real hair, it is not root-based and does not receive the same nutrients and oils as your natural hair. Please be aware, the more you use heat on your hair, the shorter the life-span of the hair extensions.
• If you are having your extension cut at your hairdresser, please address the hairdresser to use hair razor only not scissors, as hair extensions can not be blunt cut.
• Avoid using any sharp elastic band when you tie your hair in ponytail. It’s much better and healthier with scrunchie or any soft material.
• Avoid colouring your extensions even if this is 100% Remy Human Hair because the hair is already coloured with professional chemical treatment. But if you still opt to colour your extensions, we recommend only colouring them darker. Please do not try to bleach as this will cause damage to the hair. When you touch up your colour, just touch up the root area. Avoid also tinting, perming or any other chemical processes as it will weaken the hair.
• Avoid prolonged exposure to chlorine. Wear a cap if possible. Wash and condition your hair immediately after going swimming. Do not allow chemicals to remain in your hair for any length of time.
• If you tan in a spray booth— cover your hair with a towel or a shower cap and limit use to once a week.
• Make a practice of rinsing and conditioning after exercising. Salt from exercising, if allowed to build up, will strip the hair.
Failure to adhere to these instructions will shorten the life-span of your hair extensions.
In case you have any difficulties, please give us a call and we will be happy to assist.
SOHO Consultation Form
The Ring Extension System does not cause any damage on your hair, but it will damage if you leave it longer than our suggested period of eight weeks. Extensions need to be redone every eight weeks as your hair grows out. However, your extensions need to be in good condition to be redone. In case the extensions are dry and unhealthy, we suggest using brand new hair extensions.
The hair we use is 100% Remy Human Hair. If you want to determine whether or not the hair is real, simply light up the end of your extension and you will be able to smell the exact scent if you light your own hair.
During the period of having extensions, SOHO HAIR will not be responsible if you colour the extensions or use other chemical treatments or fail to follow the hair care instructions. It is extremely simple to find out if you haven’t taken care of your extensions.
We encourage you to take advantage of the full consultation service and to accept full responsibility for your hair.
WE WILL NOT CHANGE HAIR EXTENSIONS OR REFUND AFTER THE PROCEDURE. AFTER THE CONSULTATION, WE ARE GLAD TO CLARIFY ANY OF YOUR CONCERNS DIRECTLY WITH YOU BUT WILL NOT ACCEPT ANY THIRD PARTY INVOLVEMENT. OUR CUSTOMER SATISFACTION POLICY EXCLUDES ANY OTHER PARTIES.
When you decide to proceed with the procedure, we need to match your colour and according to our policy you should pay a 50% deposit of the estimated cost while making an appointment. On the day of your appointment, you should pay the remaining amount in advance prior to the services.
Estimated Cost: $…………………………………………
Deposit Amount: $…………………………………………
(All prices are GST included)
Please make it on time to your appointment. Appointment date can not be changed and deposit is strictly non-refundable.